The IT team supports the design process from the development of algorithms in a high-level language to the physical measurement of a realized circuit. For this it is essential to continuously adapt the hardware and software infrastructure to the requirements. To support this area we are looking for a new employee:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Several years of experience in the independent development and operation of heterogeneous computer networks
- In-depth expertise in the development environments C++, Java, QT, GTK and VBA
- Knowledge of the structure and administration of firewall systems
- Experience in the maintenance and further development of a web server
- Highly independent way of working, ability to work on complex questions in a structured way, as well as very good communication skills
- Fluent language skills in German, good skills in English
- You have already a EU work permit
- Great interest in learning about new topics, further developing processes and creating new structures
- Experience in the university landscape and the processes at the university, especially in the IT area, are a plus
- Trainer suitability (AEVO) for MATSE is an advantage
- System administration of software and hardware at the chair (office software, EDA, network and user administration)
- Supervision of various student labs in software development
- Responsibility of the administration of the CIP-Pool of the Faculty 6
- Optional: Training MATSE
What we offer:
- The successful candidate will be employed as a regular employee.
- The position is to be filled as soon as possible and is open-ended.
- This is a full-time position.
- The salary coresponds up to level EC 11 TV-L.
The exact modalities of the application can be found in the job portal of the RWTH (in german).
On Friday, 25 November 2019, this year's Day of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology will take place, to which all students, employees and graduates of the faculty are kindly invited.
Further information can be found here.