The lab covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the VLSI-CMOS-design environment
- Design of typical CMOS basic circuits (NAND gates)
- Logical verification
- Circuit simulation to determine the critical time and power loss
- Automated implementation of a microprocessor logic
- Implementation of optimized basic cells (e.g. full adders)
- Generation of complex circuit components by automated placement and wiring of the basic cells
- Introduction to basic cells - design flow
Registration is possible via RWTHOnline.
For capacity reasons, the number of participants for this lab is limited.
Preliminary information on the lab in WS 22/23 is held on 24/10/2022, 4:00 p.m. at seminar room UMIC 024 (2165|024)
Access data for the videoconference in case of online or hybrid mode will be announced in RWTH-Moodle or via e-mail. Participation in this preliminary meeting is mandatory.