Dr. Christian Lütkemeyer
Senior Distinguished Engineer
at Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.
IDS (seminar room UMIC-25) and
Mar. 22th, 2023 at 2pm.
In this talk, the speaker wants to highlight how the margin innovation development in timing sign-off since 2005 has created significant risks of unmodeled effects for gates and interconnect. The talk covers the topics of
- vanishing fixed margins
- no comprehensive Multi-Input Switching modeling
- no adequate margins for layer-to-layer interconnect variation
- power integrity modeling with current source models that clobber the damping of switching CMOS circuits
- very short time (just a few clock cycles) of vector data for power integrity simulations
- Power integrity artifacts due to lumped VSS loads in demand current models for gates
- significant gaps between idealistic models for transistors and interconnect, and real silicon
Dr. Christian Lütkemeyer is a Senior Distinguished Engineer in the Coherent DSP Business Unit of Marvell Semiconductor, Inc., through the acquisition of Inphi Corp. in April 2021. The CDSP BU became part of Inphi in the acquisition of ClariPhy, Inc. in December 2016. He joined ClariPhy in February 2016 after more than 16 years in the Office of the CTO at Broadcom Corporation where he was the leader of the Timing Sign-Off Center of Excellence when he left. He is responsible for advanced timing sign-off methodology, efficient timing closure strategies, low power design and power integrity modeling, and the design, implementation, and analysis of innovative test structures to minimize margin waste and pessimism in adaptive voltage scaling systems. He is the inventor or co-inventor of 18 patents and earned his Dr.-Ing. Degree from Aachen University of Technology in Germany in 1999.